 Robotics / 7348
RE: LEGO Reverse DNS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:26:30 GMT

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Ralph Hempel wrote:

Well, Ralph, I'm not really sure- I've served 12967 pages of the HOWTO as
of today, so there are a lot of logs to go through. However, I can say
with certainty that it is not lego.com, as there are no records of any
hits on my site from there. I can look for others, if you have
suggestions?

Maybe TLG doesn't care about NQC :-) that's why they don't show up
as lego.com...ha ha ha.

Seriously, that's what got me curious too. Think about it. Here's a group
of folks they can get design ideas from, and yet NOBODY I know of has ever
had a hit from lego.com - coincidence? I think not.

It might just be company policy that the internet is not used for web
browsing at work. Some places do that. You might want to expand your
search to domains that point to key geographical regions which may
indicate employee usage. For that matter, they might only have the lego
name for their web servers, which could be offsite. The office might have
a different domain. Again, check the geographical regions.

Jeff Jackowski
        http://ro.com/~jeffj/