 Star Wars / 3816
Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:46:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Hmmm.  Anybody else out there thinking that there might not actually be
a Slave I set for 2000?  I'd love to see it, but it just doesn't seem to
jive in my head as something that LEGO would do.  Here are some of my
thoughts:  Slave I has very little screen time (esp. compared to Mil.
Falcon, X-Wing, Tie Fighters, etc.)  It's also less than the Y-wing,
though slightly more than the B-wing.  Most of the SW ships are
high-recognition proposals.  Although most SW fans will instantly rattle
off everything they know about Slave I, I don't think it's familiar to
non-die-hard fans.  I'm actually surprised they're doing the B-wing ...
(by the way, I like Eric's better anyways).

Thanks.

I too am a bit supprised they are doing a B-Wing but although the B-Wing did
not get much screen time it has played a big role in many of the Star Wars
Vidio Games that were release so therefore it is probably more recognizable to
many Kids than you might think.

I obviously am a big fan of the B-Wing and, I think it is a very origional ship
with many unique features.  That being said I don't really like the TLG B-Wing
from the 1 picture we have seen so far.  It just does not seem up to the
standards set but the previous sets.  I will get some however if for nothing
else but the apparently new Pilot and more of those way cool canopies (Which is
the only reason I have 4 Naboo fighters so far).

The more I think about it,
the more I'm convinced that Boba Fett will come in some set that doesn't
include Slave I ... either a desert skiff, a carbon-freezing playset, a
Jabba's throne room, a Bespin playset - well, all of those seem more
likely to me than a Slave I.  I'm hoping I'm wrong, though.  ANybody
else have any thoughts, or some irrefutable evidence?

No evidence but, from the rumors so far it seems we are going to remain without
playsets again this year.  Why I don't know I think a Carbon-Freezing playset
would be very cool.  I think the desert skiff is the best bet here but I would
not necessarily right off the Slave I just yet.  There are way to many Boba
Fett fanatics out there for them to not consider doing a Slave I.  Plus if they
included a Carbon Frozen Han in the set that would be a bonus.

While I'm writing this, I just had this overpowering urge to make a
Jabba's Throne Room.  I loved that set, with Jabba atop his pedestal
throne, which coincidentally also acted as a prison with rats and bones
galore.  Anybody else tried this yet?

Havn't tried it but I also loved the movie set.  I know that ROTJ gets a bad
rap and deservidly so for the cutesy Ewoks but I think the first half of ROTJ
is great.  The whole movie up until they arrive at Endor is great in my
opinion.  It is only when we see Wicket for the first time that the movie
starts going down hill and thats not till half way through the movie.

After the AT-AT this may have to
be my next endeavor!  And a desert skiff done in brown would be great,
as well.

Agreed more brown would be cool.  I have been buying quite a few 7110 (Speeder
Bikes) lately because of the Brown.  Plus it has 2 Scout Troopers (No where
near as desireable as Storm Troopers but it is all we've got for now) and, I
have been collecting Jedi Luke torso's for Jungle Rebel Soldiers.

Lessee, can I clip some more time off of my nightly sleep ration?
Shaun

Are there 25 hours in the day?  ;)

Eric

Remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

<snip>