 Star Wars / 3822
Re: Upcoming _Star Wars Releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:46:06 GMT

On 10/13/1999, at 11:01 AM, James Simpson wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, Damian Garcia writes:

Shaun Sullivan wrote in message <38038A63.5E1C@mit.edu>...

Boba Fett has about the same screen time his ship does (comparatively, • think
pilot to craft ratio).  Although he appears briefly in the movie, the • simple
fact that they are making Boba Fett coupled with the addition of him in • Star
Wars for the special edditions shows they know about us fanatics.  They • know
what we want and hopefully they will produce!!  My opinion is not as • hopeful
as my argument above though.  Han without a vest  + Boba Fett to me • means
desert skiff.

Han wasn't wearing his vest when he was frozen in carbonite. . . my • feeling is
that there will be a slave I, and the promo catalog picture that we see • of Han
Solo is the minifig that will come with the Slave I and somehow have a
carbonite accessory chamber.

Yep, that's the only option. Those two minifigs come with a Slave I
and Han will actually fit in the carbonite(kinda like the Adventurer's
coffin thing). Then they have the skiff with Luke & Chewie(and maybe
Lando) so people can get those new figs in a cheaper set, but knowing
that plenty of Slave I sets will sell based on looks alone.

However, the only thing that casts a shadow of doubt in my
mind as to there being a Slave I produced, is the actual name of the ship • . . .
although I'd bet that just as many adults as kids are buying these Star • Wars
sets, Lego still markets almost exclusively to kids, and I just can't see • them
using the word "Slave" in a set name.  If George Lucas is a stickler • about
this, I don't think that we'll see the Slave I.  However, I'm optimistic • that it will
be produced, probably with some kind of name like "Bounty Hunter Ship". • I know
. . . not that wholesome, but not quite like "Slave I."  Anyway, I think • that
we will see a Skiff with Boba Fett, but not yet.

Personally I don't buy any of what you just said. There will be a Slave I
either this year or next year, and it will be called 'SLAVE I'
TLG has a contract w/Lucas and they abide by his decisions and
he'd never allow them to call Slave I a crappy name like Bounty Hunter
Ship.
Just MO

Ryan
"Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda