 Robotics / 7372
Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:56:28 GMT

My guess is that there´ll be a Slave I because:
- it´s got a good size to be build as a modell (well a smaller scaled version)
- we need more of the bad guys. One TIE is not enough for playing Star Wars
- it looks cool, so it´ll sell good
- we´ve already seen Boba Fett and heard the rumours ;o)
- Slave I is a much better model to sell than a desert skiff, espacially for
kids/people who havn´t seen Star Wars. It looks like a space-ship, the desert
skiff is too special (imho)
- I want that Han in Carbonit, don´t you ?

I bet a brick on Slave I - dö

In lugnet.robotics, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Hmmm.  Anybody else out there thinking that there might not actually be
a Slave I set for 2000?  I'd love to see it, but it just doesn't seem to
jive in my head as something that LEGO would do.  Here are some of my
thoughts:  Slave I has very little screen time (esp. compared to Mil.
Falcon, X-Wing, Tie Fighters, etc.)  It's also less than the Y-wing,
though slightly more than the B-wing.  Most of the SW ships are
high-recognition proposals.  Although most SW fans will instantly rattle
off everything they know about Slave I, I don't think it's familiar to
non-die-hard fans.  I'm actually surprised they're doing the B-wing ...
(by the way, I like Eric's better anyways).  The more I think about it,
the more I'm convinced that Boba Fett will come in some set that doesn't
include Slave I ... either a desert skiff, a carbon-freezing playset, a
Jabba's throne room, a Bespin playset - well, all of those seem more
likely to me than a Slave I.  I'm hoping I'm wrong, though.  ANybody
else have any thoughts, or some irrefutable evidence?

While I'm writing this, I just had this overpowering urge to make a
Jabba's Throne Room.  I loved that set, with Jabba atop his pedestal
throne, which coincidentally also acted as a prison with rats and bones
galore.  Anybody else tried this yet?  After the AT-AT this may have to
be my next endeavor!  And a desert skiff done in brown would be great,
as well.

Lessee, can I clip some more time off of my nightly sleep ration?
Shaun