 Star Wars / 3864
Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:28:47 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, James Brown writes:

My guess is that the list that showed up at theouterrim.com is completely
bogus.  It just doesn't *sound* like a sensible mix of sets.

Why do you say that?  I'm sure that even if it is based in fact, there are • some
errors.  For example, we *know* they are releasing the Millenium Falcon next
year, but I think the list of 'figs it comes with is a little ambitious (at
best).

<snip of some very good points>

I would agree with everything Eric J. said about the list of sets.  We do have
hard evidence for the Falcon and the B-Wing along with Boba Fett and vestless
Han.

If the list is true I would not be suprise.  That does not mean I would be
happy with it I just wouldn't be suprised.  As you all know I wish TLG would do
more Imperial stuff including a Standard Tie Fighter,  Shuttles,  and Playsets
that include StormTroopers (sorry had to include them again).

The other BIG problem I have with TLG is this whole anti-blaster thing.
Rationalizing Guns in "Historic" sets because they are "Historically relavent"
is a cop out and totally bogus.  Either no guns at all or lets bite the bullet
(no pun intended) and give us some good looking blasters instead of Movie
Cameras and Megaphones for blasters.

Boy I have been spouting alot lately...  I just hope we will have a clearer
view of the future in the morning when whatever is going on at www.lego.com is
revieled.

If we get Stormtroopers, we're going to get blasters.  In my opinion, the most
exciting playset, minifig wise, would be a Bespin Playset - Stormtroopers,
Vader, Han, Chewie, Leia, BobaFet, C3PO, Lando . . . who else?  I don't know. .
. I think that Lobot would be do-able.  I doubt that we'll get Stormtroopers
with the MF.  If it was a Tantooine playset, sure. . . but that ship appears in
too many scenes for Stormtroopers to be likely.  I'm probably too much of a
dreamer, but I'd love too see a green Dewback (made of bricks and plates, of
course, with 2 or 3 Sandtroopers (orange pads, and all.)  I'm also holding out
for an eventual Bantha (made from tan and brown bricks and plates) and Tusken
Raiders.  That would be difficult, but I think possible.  But while I dream, I
also have nightmares . . . Ewoks.  I'm seeing Wicket and the Endor Forest
Playset. . . but come to think of it, that might not be all bad . . . at least
there might be an AT-ST and some stormtroopers.  Just don't give me Wicket and
that awful glider.