 Star Wars / 3861
Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 19:16:50 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, James Brown writes:

My guess is that the list that showed up at theouterrim.com is completely
bogus.  It just doesn't *sound* like a sensible mix of sets.

Why do you say that?  I'm sure that even if it is based in fact, there are some
errors.  For example, we *know* they are releasing the Millenium Falcon next
year, but I think the list of 'figs it comes with is a little ambitious (at
best).

But let's look at the sets they released this year:  X-Wing, Y-Wing, Vader's
TIE, Speeder Bikes, Snowspeeder, landspeeder.  Vehicles from all three movies,
heavy on the "good guys".  Now let's look at the sets the list had on it:

A-Wing, B-Wing.  Well, we know the B-Wing is a go, it's in the picture.  Why
does the A-Wing seem such a stretch?  They'd be all done with the Rebel
Fighters that way, and would have released two a year for the first two years.

Slave I, Skiff:  Well, we know that both a Boba Fett and a vestless/jacketless
Han are in the works.  Han only appeared that way in a handful of scenes- when
he was frozen in carbonite and subsequently released.  Thus, that 'fig could
appear in both of these sets.  Same with Boba Fett.  If the Chewie rumour from
the Falcon is true, then he could appear there, too. So these sets make sense
from a cross-pollination of 'figs standpoint- not to mention that an all-black
clad Luke could easily appear.  I would hope for more Skiff Guards, though...

AAT, MTT- I can easily see either of these.  I must have missed the
announcement about no more Ep I sets, and these are both likely suspects.  And
if the "kaadu" set actually has gungans, even more so.

The other ones... well, I suspect that the Mindstorm Sets are actually one set
with multiple models.  And I don't know what to make of the technic set report.

But the system ones don't seem too far from possibilities.

eric