 Robotics / 18664
Re: Brainstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:47:07 GMT

hi Fred,

I would love to see a reaction from you on the discussion in this thread
in lugnet.robotics.
Not only because you're the inventor of the RCX but also you've done
some some similar things, creating modular, stackable electronics with
the aim to let non-technician (or less-technician) be able to construct
"working things".
I'll hope we hear from you,
best regards,
Stef Mientki

---- John Barnes started the discussion
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=18596
The subject of this post is intended as an invitation to anyone who would
like to contribute their ideas, wants, wishes, desires for a new direction
for managing a microcomputer controlled Lego creation. As far as I see it
there are only two real candidate architectures, modular and monolithic. I
regard the RCX as a monolithic structure in the sense that is the entire
core entity into which you plug motors and sensors. A modular approach, in
this context, would split that monolithic central "thing" into a number of
constituent entities, like power source, CPU, memory, sound making devices,
displays etc etc.

--- Wayne Gramlich gave the discussion a new dimension by presenting an
almost ready concept:
http://web.gramlich.net/projects/robobricks/index.html