 Robotics / 18655
Re: Brainstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:41:01 GMT

Wayne Gramlich wrote:

The RoboBricks project was started 2-1/2 years ago.  At that time,
there were no readily available and 8-pin microcontrollers with built
in I2C support.

Are you sure?   I thought Philips had teeny-tiny microprocessors with
I2C at least 10 years ago...before the I2C bus switched speeds from 100kbps
to 400kbps.  I2C is about 20 years old.

My biggest problem with I2C is addressing.  Each device needs
needs to have its address pins properly set.

Address pins?  What address pins?

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
        http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net