 Robotics / 18676
Re: Brainstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:04:28 GMT

Hi,

On Tuesday 13 August 2002 17:52, you wrote:
Since I had to support hot-pluggable devices on the bus (not my idea), I
Weird idea ...

ago and I don't remember all of the details.  It took either a zero-length
read or a zero-length write followed by a check to see if the clock line
It's way simpler: You just send the address and wait for the acknowledged via
the data line. Then you just don't continue ... you don't even need read
access to the clock line for this.

IMHO something that can carry power, gnd and commands via two lines at all is
a better idea and works with the current kind of wiring used by lego. I once
was working with something like that, but i forgot the name ...

Ciao,
  Till