 Robotics / 18636
RE: Brainstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:26:33 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Baker [mailto:sjbaker1@airmail.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2002 6:02 AM
To: Richard Jenkins
Cc: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Brainstorms

Richard Jenkins wrote:

The modular idea sounds cool, real cool.  At a minimum, it • would be most
excellent if the batteries were in their own module and • ......... SNIP

Yes.  I think the focus would need to be on getting a modular
RCX replacement
first.  If we pick a suitably common bus standard then these
other kinds of
devices can be thought about later.

Why have just one BUS, different BUS's are optiomised for different purposes
and it can be easy to support different types (Possibly by different
midules). ie 1Wire, I2C, Ethernet

Bruce Powell