 Robotics / 18665
Re: LEGO Purism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:01:32 GMT

I too like working within the existing constraints. It makes you creative.
Still. I'd kill for a stall sensor.

One way to do this, without adding any hardware is to check the internal
battery voltage.  I'm not sure if it's possible with the standard firmware

I don't suppose you have some code for this do you? I tried this some while
back with no success :-(. I found that the battery voltage seemed to
fluctuate too much for me to be able to detect a stall condition with any
degree of certainty.

I'm sure I can find the BrickOS (LegOS) code.  Give me a day.

As I recall, the biggest problem I had was ignoring the drop caused when the robot would start moving.

Steve