 Publishing / 1333
Re: LEGO trademark (was: Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...[lego phone])
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 01:38:30 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
they don't show the word "LEGO" on the studs.  Even so, the implication of
the phrase "LEGO Backgrounds" -- even when applied to 2x2 LEGO brand bricks
-- is that that LEGO equals bricks, which isn't true.  LEGO does not equal
bricks or even elements in general.  LEGO is a company and a brand name, the

A quandry for marketing, I'm sure. Legal keeps saying "No, Foobrand does not
equal barproduct!", while the advertising folks are trying to convince people
exactly the opposite.