 General / 12987
Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 08:23:46 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:

"D. Jezek" wrote:

In lugnet.general, Tom Stangl writes:
http://www.vfaq.com/LEGO/cubicle/train/

;-)

That's pretty cool Tom that you can bring Lego to work.
While you and I were working this weekend for probably the same reason (Y2K),
I would get into a lot of trouble by doing anything at work that's not work-
related, for example bringing Lego to work.  In fact, one guy got fired last
year for surfing the net. :(

That's gorgeous, Tom.  I also wish I could do something like that--I've gotta
ask, how do you pull it off?

Luckily, the management historically has valued Hard Work With Hard Play - they
recognize that allowing an individual to BE an individual tends to help work
output, and don't put extreme limits on hobbies or display of them at work.  Of
course, you need to WORK, and not let the hobbies get in the way, but I only had 4
long stressful calls so far this weekend, with long breaks between, so I had the
time to build the train ;-)  I finish up my weekend in about 5 hours, I'm taking
the train back down and taking it home (especially since someone is moving into the
cube Monday).