 People / 511
Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:26:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
...[snip]...
I don't mind it that much although I don't think they understood that I don't
"play" with LEGO I build/model with LEGO.  The playing is OK but it doesn't
get the creative juices flowing.

Highly agreed-- as a kid I built models, then played with them acting out
stories, etc.... now I mainly just build and display. But people still think of
it as playing... Notice that nobody has a second thought about adults who build
models (WWII planes, etc.) or do model railroading; but building with Lego just
elicits a 'childish' image for most people.

Now they all think my "hobby" is great and that I might not be as crazy as
they thought.

It's always great to hear about stories like these-- Making believers from
non-believers! It's good to know that people really can gain respect for the
Lego hobby :)

DaveE