 People / 513
Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:11:26 GMT

For anyone who hasn't told others about their LEGO addiction, let me tell you,
you will be surprised with the possitive response (unless you happen to be an
18 year old male, who's cool buddies think more about cars, sports and girls -
18 is a difficult age for LEGO).

Gary Istok

No Gary, 18 is a difficult age. :)  I went through my dark ages between 14-19
or so, but it was more that I was focused on other hobbies that are creative
than being in a dark age (I just spent my time differently, and the lego just
didn't get added to, not that it didn't get played with).  I built my railway
engine (the thing) in that time, and displayed 2 "scale" model railways (Long
Marton and my shunting layout).  Both of these took a lot of time, and at that
age, a lot of my spare cash.  I have a _lot_ more disposable income now than I
did 5 years ago.
I'd like to have more free time to work on a revised version of Long Marton, I
have the track boards here for it, and the shunting layout is downstairs,
needing a few small repairs before it would work (one wire is broken, and I'd
have to turn it around to run it...not much really, an afternoons work to fix,
but I haven't got the heart right now to do it).  Long Marton, well, I have
gotten some of the 16T waggons to build up for the Long Meg Aldahide train, but
I have to get a 9F for it, plus I should get a Brit (70032 to be precise, even
if it never ran over the S&C)

Ah, all the things I don't have time for...

(and I have to do homework tonight....arg...)

James P