 General / 15734
Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 21:18:54 GMT

erythrite@hotmail.com (Kya Morden) writes:
Okay, I've got to ask.  Where did you two come up with these numbers?
Just a wild guess? Did you dig through pause or something to find all
of your sets and kept a running total?  Am I just being annoying and
asking stupid questions?

I've kept track of all the sets I've bought myself since I began getting
an allowance about 7 years ago.  I got all the other set numbers from
saved instruction booklets.  After getting a list of all the set numbers
I own, I wrote a little script to parse one of the semi-complete set
lists on Pause to include all the information I could get on every set I
own.  I imported the new list into Excel, so I can now estimate the size
of my collection.  The spreadsheet lists 32000 or so pieces, but many
sets are listed as having ? number of pieces, and some sets are probably
missing, so I rounded up to a nice number :)  I have about 270 minifigs,
which should be about correct, and have spent over $2000 on LEGO (mostly
in the past 2 years) which is lot for never having had a real job other
than creating a few websites...
--Bram