 Off-Topic / Debate / 4311
Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 07:44:02 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote:

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:

(please note, followups changed to .off-topic.debate!)

(1) US has been good to me (2). Not only is lego cheaper, but I earn about
twice as much from baby-sitting :-)

(2) Only on lego issues, tho'. I don't like it here and if it weren't for
lego, I'd have much more resistive forces against staying. But every time I
say I want to go back to Israel, my parents just say "lego, license" (3) and I
melt... ;-)

Wow, I didn't think the US was that bad...what makes Israel so much
better?

It is difficult to understand the connection between a Sabra (native Israeli) and
Eretz Yisrael (The land of Israel) for an American.  We take everything we have
for granted; we even feel we *deserve* many luxuries; in Israel nothing is taken
for granted.  Virtually every family in Israel has lost a loved one defending
their country.  It breeds a different attitude; an appreciation that is for the
most part absent here.  Plus, it has the diversity of climate and geography of the
US (save Alaska;) in a land mass the size of New Jersey.  It truly is an amazing
place.

-John