 General / 15723
Re: My Non-LEGO family experiance (Nice Story)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:38:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Kya,

Kya Morden wrote:

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000 04:18:14 GMT, "Scott E. Sanburn"
<ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote:

How much LEGO did you take to college?  I have about 35000 pieces, which
might be a bit much...(Tim, what are you going to do about LEGO and
college?)

Well, I was living with my dad, I had my own room, it was bigger than my
room at my mom's, but still, I'll say I took about maybe 15,000 parts?
Mine fit underneath my bed, so you might want to aim for storage more
than amount of parts. Most of the collection I had was in sets, and they
were packed away. Now I have around 150,000 parts.

Okay, I've got to ask.  Where did you two come up with these numbers?
Just a wild guess? Did you dig through pause or something to find all
of your sets and kept a running total?  Am I just being annoying and
asking stupid questions?

Well, I have an excel sheet with all of my sets with the set #,
description, parts, minifigs, etc. I kept almost all of my instruction
booklets, so I have a good source to see what I have. I have to add some
for all of the collections I have assimilated into the collective....
Oops, I mean collection! : )

You are not annoying or stupid, Kya. I leave that description for the
leftists over in debate. Here is a link to my sets, I have to redo it,
it came out bad. Anyway:

http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/lego-sets.html

(Caution: Takes a while to load!!!!)

Scott S.
______________________________________________________________________________ • ___________
Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

I like Mr. Sanburn keep my list on an Excel worksheet, excessible on my
website. I don't know how it compare with his, but it's got basic set numbers,
copies of the sets, piece totals, minifig totals, etc.
Since I've been collecting LEGO, (and others, who shall remain nameless,) I've
kept most of my instructions. I say most, because when your 12 and the hardest
thing to build that you have is the 430 bi-wing, you think, hey, what do I
need instructions for? well that change not too long after that. I've got some
of my early instructions from the early 70's but not all.
When I joined the military, I obviously didn't take them to Basic Training,
but I did start a second collection once I got to Technical school, and
reclaimed my first collection as soon as I could, (before my parents doled it
out to god knows who). I started my Excel sheet a couple of years ago, because
I didn't want to keep answering, "who the heck knows," on my rtl rollcall
sheet.
Anyway, here's the link to my list.
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334/setlist.html

Rich
--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)
Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****