 People / 4572
Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 20:21:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.people, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   In lugnet.people, Marco Tagliaferri wrote:
   In lugnet.people, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Further, and just as importantly, I’d like to see some of the people who responded completely inappropriately get some timeouts too.

But it’s not my place to say.

I’d absolutely sign this. The way of baiting on Eric (done by some members)
had nothing to do with a discussion on ToS violation. IMHO this is as
despicable as the ToS violation. Might be it is a ToS violation itself.

Sincerely Marco

Is there a way to moderate LUGNET discussions and lock threads? It’s based on USENET, right? That means no.

Most community forums have pretty good moderation systems where threads get locked once they get off topic or become flame wars. I’d like to see LUGNET be able to do this; of course, that kind of system is only as good as the moderators who are keeping an eye on things.

Well, I hope LUGNET doesn’t start locking threads. I post sometimes on BZPower and it seems that my threads get locked a lot and I am never sure exactly why. It’s happened enough times to make me not want to post there anymore - I guess I just don’t understand the rules.

-- Thomas Main thomasmain@charter.net