 People / 4567
Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 20:13:03 GMT

In lugnet.people, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.people, Timothy Gould wrote:
   --SNIP--
   I see nothing inconsistent here. Eric should get an indefinite timeout until he requests cancels on the posts that clearly are over the line, acknowledges he erred and that the ToS does apply to him, and apologises for causing part of the ruckus... plus some (fairly sizable in his case) definite amount as a reminder that he should not trifle. I would not support a permanent irrevocable ban for Eric, at this time, because in the last year, at least, he has not been previously warned. He should have been, but he wasn’t.

As I mentioned the first response to Eric, he has in fact been told before.

John’s not an admin. A PERMANENT ban would still be shotgun against puppy without prior warning, IMHO.

Actually, that raises another question. Should admins disregard advice/warnings given by others (non-admins and admins in non-admin role) in making decisions about timeouts/bans? Seems to me they should count for something, though exactly how they should be taken into account is not an easy question to answer.

ROSCO