 Administrative / General / 13436
Re: Bloviate (was Re: Warnings( was: WAKE UP!))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:47:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
[snip]

David, you rock.

I admit it: I'm a wuss. I need handholding to do a job I don't like. And over
the years it was often YOUR posts and private mails that got printed out and
(literally) posted on my refridgerator to get me through the more idiotic fights
and flamewars that are so not-my-thing but upset me oh so much.

thank you.

-Suz

I've been there.

If I may expound a little--

Having about 30 cubs running around your ankles at a cub camp on a weekend when
it's rained the entire time and the kids are miserable, and you get no sleep
'cause you have to chase down the mischivious ones who think that firecrackers
are a good time at 3 a.m. and then the parents come on Sunday and start yipping
about how 'little Johnny got 3 pipe cleaners for building whatever at arts 'n
crafts when the other kids got 4!!' and 'why weren't you focusing on my Timmy!!'
and 'look how dirty you got my kids!!!  What kind of leader are you!!!'

You really feel like telling them all to just go to wherever, and then, usually
right before I'm done with it all--there's that one kid--'Thanks Scouter Dave!
I had a fantastic time!' and the parents shake my hand and thanked me for giving
their kid a wonderful camping experience.

Ahh, memories...  ;)

The thing of it is, I'm not involved in BSofC anymore almost solely because it
got to the point where politics and the yippiness drastically outweighed the
'thanks for the efforts!'.

Dave K