 People / 1618
Re: What kind of music do you listen to?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:09:44 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message <3A8B5BD5.27FC1839@mindspring.com>...
I've been thinking of going through all my music and figuring out which
pieces entice me to hit repeat and play again. A few notable ones right
quick:

Saint-Saens Symphony No. 3 "Organ" 4th movement (Maestoso; Allegro)
(with symphony and organ)
Georges Bizet Farandole (on organ)

One of my favorite pieces of all. Played it as a kid in youth orchestra but
it took me a while to find a recording because all I remembered was
"Farandole", not the composer or the suite it's part of ("L'Arlesienne").
Prefer an orchestral version though.

Ludwig Beethoven Hymn to Joy (especially on organ, preferably w/o vocals)

Another favorite, though again I prefer orchestra (w. choir). My favorite
part is the "oompah band approaching from the distance" section :-)

William Walton Crown Imperial (on organ)
Yep... another I played in youth orchestra, great piece

Martin Luther Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott (on organ, w/o vocals, I
have a CD which has arrangements by both Johann Sebastian Bach and Johan
Pachelbel and I definitely prefer Bach's arrangement)
Elizabeth Stirling Talis' Canon (on organ)

Johann Sebastian Bach Toccata and Fugue in D minor (on organ)
Sorry, prefer an orchestral version :-) I don't think I've heard more than
one organ version which wasn't "muddy" in places.

Sibelius Findlandia (especially on organ)
Yeahhhhh (but orchestral :-)  )

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1