 People / 1592
Re: What kind of music do you listen to?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 22:01:28 GMT

In lugnet.people, Maggie Cambron writes:
Quasi-related to that, Oprah once had this guy on who said that everyone has a
personal anthem-- a song that kind of expresses who they are or what they are
about.

Hmmm, not quite a single song -- but I think my music would be "The Ninth
Wave" by Kate Bush.  Basically, it's the flip-side of "Hounds of Love" --
now, cd tracks 6-12 in what is essentially a cohesive and separate work from
the rest of the cd.  Tracks 1-5 don't too much suck either...

"Wave after wave, each mightier than the last
'Til last, a ninth one, gathering half the deep
And full of voices, slowly rose and plunged
Roaring, and all the wave was in a flame"

Tennyson's "The Coming of Arthur"

-- Richard