 People / 1580
Re: What kind of music do you listen to?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:57:05 GMT

In lugnet.people, Jay Jacinto writes:
Hi,
this is not the music you listen while you build, but music you listen to
everyday, such as on your way to work.  I love listening to the Dave Matthews
Band, Blues  Traveler, Green Day, Fuel and other miscellaneous alt-rock • groups.

How 'bout you?

Having listened to different music over the years I find that while my tastes
have changed somewhat, I have never tired of Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.  I
liked them in jr high and I still like them today.

Quasi-related to that, Oprah once had this guy on who said that everyone has a
personal anthem-- a song that kind of expresses who they are or what they are
about.  I would say mine is "Touch of Grey" by the Grateful Dead.  Otherwise I
don't care for their music, partly because some guy in my dorm listened to them
constantly and loudly all through freshman year (hey Professor Ladasky, it was
Clark Hall where you now teach-- believe it or not another Lugnet member--
inactive now-- was in my graduating class!).

Maggie C.