 People / 1562
  What kind of music do you listen to?

Hi, this is not the music you listen while you build, but music you listen to everyday, such as on your way to work. I love listening to the Dave Matthews Band, Blues Traveler, Green Day, Fuel and other miscellaneous alt-rock groups. How 'bout you? (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Jazz: Pat Metheny George Benson Galactic Nelson Rangell Various Latin artists Etc... Other Music: Hmmmm, I think I own some non-jazz artists somewhere.... Where did I put that CD? Bob (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

To All, Well, I liten to a lot of different kids of groups, mostly all Christian, alternative Rock, contemporary, some others. My favorites right now are Carman, Michael W. smith, Rebecca St. James, Supertones, The Waiting, DC Talk, etc. I have (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

In lugnet.people, Jay Jacinto writes: *Snip* I listen to Jars of Clay, DC Talk, burnt Babylon 5 CDs (shhhhh!!!), and maybe some Video Game Music consisting of Red Alert, Wing Commander, and Final Fantasy. Rick (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Rick, (...) Ah yes, Jars of Clay, I love their new album, If I Left the Zoo, even with an elephant on it, heh heh. :) I should list my groups one of these years, I have many! I still think FF 6 Japan/3 US has some of the best music form Final (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

Jay Jacinto wrote in message ... (...) Matthews (...) groups. Classical music... either CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Co) on the radio, Spinner.com on the Net (until my connection speed degrades in the evening when the neighbours get home from work - (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

On a day in day out regular basis, I listen to: - Organ music - "Celtic" music (about half the time this is Clanad, Enya, or Maire Brennan, other favorites include Mary Jane Lamond, the Tannahil Weavers, and several others that don't jump out (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

On cassette tape (in no particular order): Scraping Foetus Off the Wheel Lydia Lunch Coil Throbbing Gristle Kate Bush NIN Heart Sex Pistols Cocteau Twins This Mortal Coil These Immortal Souls Birthday Party Kate Price Loreena McKennit Dead Can Dance (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Well, I only live 5 to 10 min from work (If I catch the 1 red light). So I usually get the headline news stories in the car. At work however, I listen to www.aironeradio.com streaming Christian Hit Radio. I usually have this on all day long at (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) groups. (...) I like a number of different types of music, all of which I listen to in the car, at work, and when building with Lego. :) I listen to Anime and Game music most frequently, my favorites being music from Escaflowne, Final Fantasy, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Fantasy, (...) I have little game music but the one exception is the Chrono Cross OST that I downloaded off Napster, that is amazing music. Thanks Jay Jacinto (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Overall, I found FFIV to have more engaging and memorable tracks, as does FFIX. *sigh* I really wish I could afford to purchase the FFIX OST, but if I did, I wouldn't be able to get some Escaflowne discs, Xenogears Creid, and FFIII Eternal (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

"Bob Sardelli" <squidmaan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G8GEE1.1zK@lugnet.com... (...) Ah, another Smooth Jazz fan! My favourites at the moment are: Jeff Kashiwa, Rippingtons, Fourplay/Bob James, Steve Cole, Dave Koz, Rick Braun, Boney James, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

There isn't much by Nelson Rangell that I don't like. "Far Away Day" is pretty good. My favorite is Destiny but maybe because that was my first NR CD. I like a lot of smooth jazz but sometimes it gets too mellowed for me so I've been exploring Acid (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) I'm terribly sorry. I hope they'll find a cure for that soon! :) But to respond seriously to this topic, I am a huge classic alternative rock fan. My all time favorite band is The Pixies followed very closely by The Smiths, David Bowie, The (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Today's CD in my car is The Bangles Greatest Hits. Right now, at work, I'm listening to J.S. Bach's Die Kunst Der Fuge (Liszt Ferenc Chamber Orchestra, Janos Rolla director). -Henry (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) My tastes in music are just about as varied as possible. Until my recent CD collection was stolen I had a bit of everything. Classical, country, dance, rock, pop, rap, TONS of Soundtrack CD's, Deep Forest, Abba, just about everything. Lately (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) groups. (...) Having listened to different music over the years I find that while my tastes have changed somewhat, I have never tired of Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. I liked them in jr high and I still like them today. Quasi-related to that, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

Grateful Dead. see (URL) for a listing of my collection. Bryan "Jay Jacinto" <manjingo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G8GE5u.1AB@lugnet.com... (...) Matthews (...) groups. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

Nice list, looks much nicer than mine at (URL) . I'd like to say I listen to the Dead when I build, but last Saturday I was building a small blacksmith's shop with my daughter, and tried to get her to listen to Not For Kids Only. She didn't like it, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Oooh! Thanks for bringing this up, Jay. When building, I usually listen to my beloved (if a bit unrefined) 101.5 FM in New Jersey (the FM talk station)--at night and on the weekends, they play mostly 60s and 70s hits, which for some reason (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Yup, definitely a good soundtrack. :) Great vocal ending song, and the second to last boss battle theme is very powerful! You may also like the soundtrack from Xenogears, as they were both composed by Yasunori Mitsuda. Truly great stuff, and (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

"Bob Sardelli" <squidmaan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G8GoBE.7uM@lugnet.com... (...) NR (...) a (...) We're getting way off topic here, I'll move the conversation over to e-mail. Huw (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) It varies greatly for me. When going to and from work, I listen to NPR. When building, I have my mp3'z fired up, playing all sorts of different genres, including: Techno (Astral Projection, Juno Reactor, silly theme song remixes) Dance/pop (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

People may or may not relate to this... When I *do* listen to music while building, I listen to the following: a) Christmas music REALLY get's my creative juices flowing b) mid-late 80's techno club pop whatever you want to call it (my wife probably (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:G8I1r5.FA1@lugnet.com... (...) has a (...) are (...) I would definitely believe this. I find that while I like a wide variety of music and listen to a great deal of it, just a few songs (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Personal Anthems (WAS: Re: What kind of music do you listen to?)

To All, Well, relatively few of you would know what songs I am referring to, but I guess my 2 personal anthems would have to be "Missing Person" by Michael W. Smith, and "Never been Unloved" by Michael W. Smith, both of which are on his album, Live (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Hmmm, not quite a single song -- but I think my music would be "The Ninth Wave" by Kate Bush. Basically, it's the flip-side of "Hounds of Love" -- now, cd tracks 6-12 in what is essentially a cohesive and separate work from the rest of the cd. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Hmm, I guess my one song then would be the last movement of Beethoven's 9th, otherwise known as Hymn to Joy (in instrumental form - preferably played on an organ). Or there's the French like gibberish song I sing frequently (I have no idea if (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

I read somewhere that the earliest AFOL to declare their passion for The Brick on the Net noted a correlation between an interest in Lego and progressive rock music... and I am guilty as charged. I'm not that narrow, as I'll elaborate below. Still, (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Hmm, given that you like progressive rock (hey, have you heard Ad Infinitum? I tripped over one of their CDs a while ago, and bought it on the strength of the Roger Dean cover), I'm thinking the above may be the best description of the type of (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) How do your kids relate? :^) (...) I can't agree with Oprah's guest, however I may be in the minority. I would be hard-pressed to choose just *one* piece of music for myself as a personal anthem -- probably because I have very broad tastes, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) They're only five and seven now, but when the time comes they'll probably get into the current-day equivalent of eminem just to torture me! (...) Yeah, I think that's allowed. Sometimes I would say mine is "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) I've been thinking of going through all my music and figuring out which pieces entice me to hit repeat and play again. A few notable ones right quick: Saint-Saens Symphony No. 3 "Organ" 4th movement (Maestoso; Allegro) (with symphony and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

Frank Filz wrote in message <3A8B5BD5.27FC1839@m...ng.com>... (...) One of my favorite pieces of all. Played it as a kid in youth orchestra but it took me a while to find a recording because all I remembered was "Farandole", not the composer or the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: What kind of music do you listen to?

(...) Ah, but how can you get that "horror" movie effect without an organ? I must say that in general, I don't find too many organ pieces to be "muddy". It definitely depends on the quality of the recording and the quality of the stereo (though my (...) (23 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.people)