Re: BrikWars Superheroes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:09:11 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas writes:

Could someone explain how PSI abilities work, because I might need to adjust
the specs some.  I didn't find the rules on this, but I seem to remember
having to role my skill against theirs and a role for range.

Any help is appriciated.

Hi Jonathan,

Make sure that you're looking at the Brikwars SP Supplement to the rules:

http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2001/2001-superpowers.txt

The same general ruleset can be used to provide magic, psionics, natural
powers, inherent freakishness, and whatever other intrinsic attributes you want
to include that don't fall in the regular ruleset.

Basically speaking, you have to buy the power itself.  The more powers or the
more general the powers, the more; conversely, the more specific or single-use
the powers, the cheaper they are.  Then, you have to buy points to actually use
the powers ... those points can be used to modify ranges, durations, damages,
potency, etc.  They're quite flexible, and take some getting used to.

Muhahahahaaaa.

Jonathan D

PS I'm also confused on how Ram Man gains 20" of hover movement.  I've read
the rules several times and I stil can't understand this.
Here's what I keep coming up with:
2 cp: Hover ability
18cp: 6sp towards this ability
6 sp: 2d6" of movement

Try matching it with the SP rules, rather than a species ability.  My guess is
that it will work out that way, instead.

Wheres the 20" of movement?

It's painted on the torso.

;)

-s