Re: BrikWars Superheroes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:59:45 GMT

Quoting Joe Comeau <joecomeau@earthlink.net>:
"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
news:H3Fy4p.5Bo@lugnet.com...
Oh, and Joe, if this is way too powerful (he'll likely kill anyone he • rams
into, possibly even himself in the process), I can tone him down a bit
damage wise. He'll probably get in 2 attacks (maybe 3) in the game, then • be
too stupid to be reliable. Well, ok, if he gets a bad roll, he might just
end up attacking the nearest thing instead of the enemy... So, probably • more
attacks :)

My initial reaction is that with that kind of damage, even with your
modified rules, I suspect he's almost always going to kill whoever he hits.
Perhaps, there's a way to make his aiming less accurate (in other words,
treat him like a weapon)? This way, he stays pretty deadly, but targets
have
a fighting chance of not being hit...and just think of all those poor, poor
buildings!

I'd think that as he gets stupider (and he starts fairly stupid too), his
chance to hit will go down.  I mean, running in a streight line, head first,
isn't the easiest thing in the world!  Not to mention that he might not always
choose the best target in a given situation - If I'm aiming a gun at him, he'd
be more likely to charge the gun to take it out (disarm me), than to charge me,
no?

:)

Dan

--