 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16565
Re: rtlToronto22 Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 12:47:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
(Sorry, I'm just jumping in here to post, I didn't see a good part in this
thread to hop in at...)

But my question is, like - how do you program for tic tac toe?  How did
people figure out how to program for Project X?

for me, it came as 8 "conditions" nested with 8 locations.

1. scan the board,

2. was block in the correct location or empty?

3. take FIRST block in the wrong location, and put it in the FIRST location that
needed a block.

go to 2.

64 NESTED IFs'

That's what I don't get.  I
simply have no idea at all how to build code to problem solve like that.  I
can ramp up and ramp down motors and build servo tasks and all that, but
it's always linear.  I can't figure out at all how on earth to make a
program say "Okay, the board is in this state, now I need to go here".  It
would be the world's biggest program if I tried to do it by every possible
condition the board was ever in.

That's why this compteition scares me;  but if someone else programmed it, I
think it would be great fun to build.  And I love the soccer ball idea!

    Iain

I like the soccer ball idea as well.  I can see Tic Tac Toe, being a fun game.
we all know the rules, most of us have the balls.

Iain I think you can do what many of us do/did. You BUILD the bot, and have
someone else run the engine.

so, ONE RCX (yours) can control the bot, and YOU can make your bot smart enuff
to SEND a text to the "logic" RCX to ask it what to do? then the "logic" bot can
tell your rcx to put ball here or there.

I would like the opertunity to see a clasic Iain cartasian, OR delta marble bot
in a rtl game.

Chris