 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16488
16487  |  16489
Subject:
rtlToronto22 Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:49:43 GMT

So...rtl21 was pretty good.  As traditional, onwards to the next game...even
number rtlToronto games tend to be "harder" (eg rtl10: Project X, rtl14: Rice,
rtl16: Ropeclimbers etc) so this one should be a difficult one.

What should it be?

Vitali suggested the obstacle course game again.  Perhaps like the idea we had
about carrying some marbles on a shallow tray across an uneven route?

Vitali's father said we should do battle bots...which we did at live2, just not
announced to the public.  John also wanted to do another RC Racing event...so we
can probably squish either RC combat game between now and the end of the year.

JeffVW had come up with a can weighing game, which I really liked:  Find
yourself the heaviest can by the end of the contest.  But someone said there was
something wrong with the concept.

Do we attempt something like autonomous soccer?  the NXT hardware which people
are slowly getting would lend itself to some amazing stuff.  A lot of software
in that.  That would be a stupidly difficult challenge.

Something uphill?  Rope ladder climbers?

A rope going up, then across and back down?

Dealing with a large and difficult external object, like a yoga ball?

Cell phone dialing?

Spirographs?

Paper folding?

A game where there are two balance of power beams and you need to leap from one
to another?

A contest where there are golf balls all over the playfield and you need to
bring them to the center?  And you're allowed to release the other guy's?

The big "processors/harvesters" of DaveK in Blockstacking and Wayne in Rice were
really amazing...something like that?

Harvesting/processing always LOOKS cool.  But itn's really interesting to a
crowd.

Calum