 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16532
Re: rtlToronto22 Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:29:08 GMT

On Wed, August 2, 2006 9:36 am, John Guerquin wrote:
At first I didn't see the big deal with "non-flat" cubes - but then the light bulb
went off, and I realized that if they're not flat, they can't be scanned by the
light sensor reliably   :)
I'd think about redesigning the board to try to ensure flat cubes.

The easiest way is to cover the board with tiles.  However, that's a bunch of tiles,
and not everyone has that available (after they've made the cubes).

On the other hand, leaving the board as-is will give better builders another
challenge to solve...

The other thing I didn't understand is why you guys were dropping the cubes from
so high up?

Strategy?  Most of the robots carried the cubes as low as possible (just above the
cubes already played) and drop them from there.