 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16533
Re: rtlToronto22 Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 17:57:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

<snip>

You don't like assuming most entries will fail to work?  I have to agree with
disliking that assumption.  That's why we added the "time" factor.  That actually
caused a couple of us to push the robots a little harder, which made them less
reliable.

The strategy & logic for playing 3T doesn't come close to C$, but it will still give
many builders a chance to write more complex software then they ever have.

Steve

I'm liking this idea more and more.  I like the time factor to help determine
the winner and I like the time penalty for every 'touch'.

It's just like Project X except one row and column smaller.  We could even use
the same blocks and board set-up.

We would also have the same 'bot setup as C$--and the 'hand-off' when a 'bot is
done its move.

So we're combining two of our toughest competitions--X and C$--brilliant!

Let's get it done!

Dave K