 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16534
Re: rtlToronto22 Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 18:20:30 GMT

On Wed, August 2, 2006 1:57 pm, David Koudys wrote:
I'm liking this idea more and more.  I like the time factor to help determine
the winner and I like the time penalty for every 'touch'.

We didn't do a "time penalty" for touching.  That could make it so a very-fast,
very-sloppy robot could win against a very-slow, very-accurate robot.

If you have to help your robot play, you should lose to someone who doesn't have to
help their robot.  Even if theirs is much slower.  (that was what we decided)

So, the scoring was (for two games):
(A) Most wins
(B) Least touches
(C) Lowest total move time
That would decide the winner of the match.

And (because this came into question) a "touch" would be flattning out a cube in
it's current location NOT moving the cube to the place the robot really wanted to
put the cube.

It's just like Project X except one row and column smaller.  We could even use
the same blocks and board set-up.

We would also have the same 'bot setup as C$--and the 'hand-off' when a 'bot is
done its move.

So we're combining two of our toughest competitions--X and C$--brilliant!

That's right.  Take TWO of the toughest competitions ever attempted by any
Mindstorms club, combine them together, and what do you get?

tic-tac-toe.

:)

Steve