 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16556
Re: rtlToronto22 Ideas?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2006 00:45:17 GMT

how about soccer balls? They have 2 colours?

they have the potential to look exactly the same...

in theory, you DONT need to even use a light sensor.

   Yeah, good point. I forget that, as I was one of the few (was I the only?)
person who built a robot that *did* care about the color of the blocks. In the
original plan, we had two other rules or guidelines: (a) white goes first, and
(b) cleaning up the board would be worth extra points. The second was dropped,
while the first wasn't automated on most of the entries - in other words, mine
detected the color of cube it was given to play, so it figured out if it was to
play first or second. And mine was the only one to clean up after itself when
the game was over.

   Once BF is over, I'd like to revisit it and work it up for more interesting
games, like simple checkers. I suppose Pente or simplified chess would be within
reach as well, mechanically. Oh, also a NXTbot that plays Nim with three piles
(classic 7-5-3 version or otherwise) should be simple, and easy enough to
program in NXT-G.

   Actually, mine had a striking resemblance to my Project X attempt, but much
more refined. Still not fast, but at least in the running as far as accuracy
went (had I shown up for the actual event*, I might have even had some braggin
rights ;-).

*I couldn't make it down to LafLRC that day, but my robot had played far more
games than most by that point.

--
Brian Davis