 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14809
Re: Comments from a laundromat ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:16:25 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

On Tue, September 27, 2005 9:43 am, Chris Magno wrote:

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

On Tue, September 27, 2005 9:30 am, Chris Magno wrote:

yes, we COULD blow off the HITW part, and make it open topped.  BUT then
i get to see people show up with a shoe box.  yay me. (that was sarcasm)

This makes no sense.  It ONLY means the shoe box must have a lid.

if your shoe box has a LID steve, then how do you propose to get the
blocks on the inside?

Sorry I didn't totally explain it.  My shoebox also has a couple HITWs.

ok you lost me now.

IF your shoe box has a lid and a HOLE in the WALL (HITW) then why are we
arguing???  you just described my rule set of a closed hopper with a HITW.

?????

(confused)

I guess if you can't build an autonomous robot that out preforms a box, the best
thing to do is outlaw boxes. ?!?

using daves original idea, a shoe box is a VERY GOOD solution to that
game.  MUCH like the ring/gravity robots were a  good solution to the
beam game.

BUT. what did i learn from the ring robots.  NOTHING, other than yay, a
neat way around the spirit of the game.

steve, i want a rule set that forces "real" robot entries, NOT loop hole
shoe box entries.   if 5 people show up with a shoe box  i learn???? WHAT???

if dave, and derek show up with a real pick/place robot, then i (and the
community) learns a great deal about problem solving. EVEN if narry a
robot transfers a bot. i still see problem solving in action.

Steve, you just may be leaps a head of many other robot builders, but i
for one need all the help i can get. until there is an advanced robot
building class, this is all i got.

----small rant and a bit of a stretch-----

Iain, built an AMAZING duck assembly robot, we ALL took something away
from that.  if iain had just shown us the finished duck as built by
hand, no one would have learned a thing.

Chris