 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14808
Re: Comments from a laundromat ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:08:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Tue, September 27, 2005 9:43 am, Chris Magno wrote:
Steve Hassenplug wrote:

On Tue, September 27, 2005 9:30 am, Chris Magno wrote:

yes, we COULD blow off the HITW part, and make it open topped.  BUT then
  i get to see people show up with a shoe box.  yay me. (that was sarcasm)

This makes no sense.  It ONLY means the shoe box must have a lid.

if your shoe box has a LID steve, then how do you propose to get the
blocks on the inside?

Sorry I didn't totally explain it.  My shoebox also has a couple HITWs.

I guess if you can't build an autonomous robot that out preforms a box, the best
thing to do is outlaw boxes. ?!?

Yes, but if the scoring is the number of your blocks in other unique 'bots times
the number of other unique blocks in yours, a box can't win--no blocks going
into others...

That said, if you have your box able to get blocks into other 'bots that move
around it, then, well, you have yourself a 'bot that I'd like to see,

If the scoring is as it is-- X times Y -- then stationary box 'bots can't
possibly win--at best, tie.

No, as Chris stated, besides the tee hee factor, this competition is a valid
one, and it's just a slightly different take on block sorting and block
stacking, which, again as stated earlier, we've done many times.

The plan, for me anyway, is that my EOAT doesn't even enter into another 'bot,
btw...

Dave K