 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14777
Re: Comments from a laundromat ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 21:21:24 GMT

If we want to make it harder by making a coupling mechanism' a la rectangular
hole and block dispenser, than so be it--saying it's obscene is like saying that
scene in Apollo 13, where the LEM and the capsule came together, is
obscene--we're doing the same thing, yet we want the 'bots to do it
autonomously, and with the difference that each 'bot was made by different
people--you don't know what they're going to bring so you have to build
accordingly.

Oh, please... We all know that the intent is to be sugestive, and so will
everyone there. Comparing it to the spacecraft is naive.

Why not this: blocks are to be dropped into a basket. However, you don't want
blocks to be droped into your basket. So two things are happening: you are
trying to get rid of blocks and avoid having anyone give you blocks. Robot "Hot
Potato" if you will.

-Greg