 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14805
Re: Comments from a laundromat ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:51:18 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Tue, September 27, 2005 9:30 am, Chris Magno wrote:

yes, we COULD blow off the HITW part, and make it open topped.  BUT then
i get to see people show up with a shoe box.  yay me. (that was sarcasm)

This makes no sense.  It ONLY means the shoe box must have a lid.

No it makes perfect sense.  When I though this was an opened topped
contest my first thought was to make a robot that would drive to the
center of the arena and explosively fire all 10 blocks in the air.  I
figured I had a good chance of getting a block in at least one robot,
probably more.  Then I'd just sit there until waiting for people to
implant me.

With the HITW it means you have to make an effort to find something.  I
think that's cool.  I also don't think a box is the best shape for this
contest.  Too easy to get hung up on other robots.  It's important to be
able to move around.

I'm not yet convinced the dumb luck factor isn't too high, but I'm
willing to experiment with this one.  I'm going to try and prototype
something in the next few weeks and see what I can do.

Derek