 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1186
Re: Track on the modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 02:56:05 GMT

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

You'd have to go over into the center more.  I'm trying to work a layout
where the track can successfully integrated with my Town layout.  There's
simply no way to get the track to play nice at the intervals proposed by
PNLTC with road.  Aaargh.

Sure there is, don't use road plates along the perimeter.

I hope this like, doesn't sound rude or anything, but why should we base the
track position for everything on your town? I'd kind of think that maybe
it's a better idea to decide what would be the best for the future, and work
stuff around it. If you have to keep the track where it is right onw, why
not just build a lead-in module where the track curves to suit where it is
on your module, and then everyone else can follow the more conventional
standard?

Personally, I think the 4 studs between edge-and-track-tie, then 4 studs
between tracks, looks great and is functional. I guess you didn't see my
other post about using 6 road plates (for town) and 3 plain-plates (for
tracks). :-/

    Iain