 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1178
1177  |  1179
Subject:
Track on the modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 23:33:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
we are having a continuous line on the leading edge, 4 studs from the edge.
What about corners?  are we just going to free for all them?
do we want an inside continous line as well, like with our first show?
Just wonderin'

We are?  Iain wrote me about this because the PNLTC spec calls for them
specific intervals.  I'm not happy with the intervals they call for, because
they don't play nice with roadplates-the cut right over where the road is.

I've built two modules, third half done (frickin cordless saw ran out of
juice during a cut!) and integrated (transfered to the module and
reorganized to fit the surface) my first two modules with half of my
Saraville layout.  Here's what I found:

-going at 36 in, for the center of the track, fits better with Town layouts.
-It's hard to put a track at the edge of a roadplate.
-Trains are tall compared to buildings.
-the corners are gonna be trouble.

My layout is:

-2 30x30 modules for Saraville Town layout (Built, Integrated 6/2)
-2 30x30 modules for Dockyard/Cranes/Warehouse layout (Built, Waiting for
Module Integration)
-2 30x30 modules for Switchyard (Planned)
-1 30x30 module for corner curve (Planned)

The latter two will not be hard, since they're mostly just bare with some
trees. These modules would fill out one end of a layout.  The other thing I
wanted to ask was if anyone was going to build three other corners...

I have a few tentative layouts on my 'page that I would love to make in
reality.  I'm working on the switching yard first, and build from there.

Are you doing a switching yard?  Because I was going to put one together
but...anyways, I'll be uploading a few layout drawings very soon.  TD is
very useful, but not completely featured-it's missing 48x48 baseplates and

Calum