 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1149
Re: Excited that yer excited!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 04:38:12 GMT

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@aol.com> wrote in message

Hey Tony.... :) ... err I mean Iain...

Tony Transcanner! Yes! That's what my Minifig will be called.

(he was absent from train1, as he's currently siting on top of my Monitor at
work, with a hat and wrench, fixing a to-scale M6-MX. Do I ever love M6's.
Mmm. Option MX. Sweeeeeet.)

Cool...now your getting into the swing of things...I guess you'll have to
hold off in going to a couple amusement parks for a couple days... :)

You know what's really freaking me out? When I went to Wonderland after
Train1, I was like "Why am I here, I want to be building modules".
Freakkkkkky. Well, then I rode Vortex, and it was like "ok, so this is the
world's best suspended." Go figure. Want Top Scan. *drool*

That is sweet...is it going to have the monorail station attatched?

Yes! I forgot to add that when I was mentioning it. I'm thinking of doing 3
modules:

1) Cargo Freight Terminus (big gantry loader)
2) Metro Park and Service Tower Clone with inherent Monorail Station
3) Industrialic Park, with model of Ventax, military-themed old-warehouse
dance club/rave, and the modular appartment building (which I think fits in
beautifully with the industrial theme...).

Nice...I just got a neptune research center...if it is missing "key"
pieces, I might be tempted to build a futuristic "appartment" building
myself...(I am planning on using it as a "high school/alpha team base".

GO FOR IT! That set, if I'm thinking of the right one, has some really wild
pieces... I'm thinking those big pannels would either make for one awesome
Paradisa mansion, or some sort of Cathedral...!

Doubly Cool...and I thought that the control switch-thingy in 7722 (the
one Jeff VW brought - that was half-broken - was neat!!  This should be
very cool, or very annoying depending on the perspective.

The -_ is one of those tones that I know I'd just perish if I heard in real
life. I don't remember if I saw a Class 91 when I was in the UK (I was 9),
but I do remember we rode several Network Southeast self-powered trainsets,
and I was rather impressed with those.

I want Martin to do a model of the Metro and build in the three tones that
the drives make when the train starts up. :)

(ref: http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/stcum/metro2.wav from
http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/stcum.html )

I might bring my flea market rtl 8 (its about half done at the moment)
I might just bring it as a "work-in-progress".  Its been a while since
I just sat down and designed things, much less had them turn out looking
anything good.

I look forward to seeing it! I bet you have some time now to do some
building (but aparently not enough to download AIM *poke and grin*) That
reminds me, one of the other buildings I want to do is a cheap-o type strip
mall with two or three shops. Maybe have a Skateboard/Bike shop, used sports
goods store... maybe I can rework those stupid life jacket pieces into
football shoulder pads? :)

    Iain