 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1150
Re: Excited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 04:40:11 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@aol.com> wrote in message

No robot eh?

Well, I think some sort of automated donation-box was discussed. I don't see
why I am obligated to build a robot if I'm willing to do something like
that. :)

oops...sorry, I forgot all about that...well how's that going?
is it "hurry, hurry, cram, cram" ?

I'm kind of thinking that after the last train event, I don't think I can
handle the stress involved with robot events anymore. Train is so gentle.
Delicate. Slow. Relaxing. Everything about the robot events (or the last
one, anyway), was cram cram cram, push push push, hustle-bustle here and
busy-busy there. I supose that's partly my fault - leaving programming to
the last minute... but there's something about the tranquility of train and
building construction that's suddnly recaptured me from my youth. I think
it's what I want to focus the majority of my efforts on from now on.

I just loved it how the entire lay-out on Train 1 was formed...from semi-
organization (quasi-organization, if you will) at best to something that
looked detailed at the end...almost professional looking.
I don't like programing anyway, and don't have any resources much less
too much desire to get into any kind of robotics.
Looks like you are getting a very good head-start on it.

(Quick Note to Calum: could you repost the location for the module
specs...so I can start on my module(s)? ... Thanks in advance)

Awesome! Did you see the Small/Large tree bulk pack on LEGO's Online Shop? I
think a few of those would look great in your town.

I think I got enough trees for now...may be one or two additional
sets wouldn't hurt...I'll have to think about that later...
I've got some other things in mind for my layout, but I don't
want to reveal everything...I want to keep some things a surprise.

Well, I think the intent with going modular is everyone does their own city.
I like that idea, beacuse it best allows each builder to construct their own
little world how they see fit. I'm suspecting I'll start out with sometihng
suburbish. So maybe a suburb of Saraville. Maybe I'll call it... actually, I
have no idea. I just sat here for 15 minutes trying to think of something.
Naming ville's is not my forte. :) • Iain>

If you end up including that mass transit system (monorail) what ever...
(the parking complex/monorail station), you could call it
"Scarbrick"
As you can tell naming isn't mine either.
Today, I didn't make too much...I was working on putting together the
Neptune set, but only finished the sub...haven't started the base, yet.
Won 2 more auctions, Metro PD, and 7824 station (the one that you <Iain>
have...)
I spent most of the evening with my little sister at my computer playing
"Rollercoaster Tycoon"... I made this steel roller coaster with 5 loop-2-
loops, and a dual rotating-upward corkscrew.  At the beginning of the
ride, I had to have a slight pause in the down slope because it was
causing too much g-force before the first loop, the enbanked curve and
dual loop-to-loops.
It was pretty amazing...I'll have to save it (probably one of my best
steel coasters, yet!)

Benjamin Medinets