 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10493
Re: Attention guys...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 02:14:55 GMT

WHAT!!!

you cant POST THIS!!!

this is a SECRET Steve H strategy!!!!!!

EVERYONE STOP READING THIS!!!!

Michael Purvis wrote:

I think everyones trying to be under three minutes.

Basically:

- Use a move book for the first few plays of the game, so that these are
instantaeous decisions. After all, if you're using Alpha-Beta, it's much less
effective at pruning earlier in the game.

- Try to keep time spent 'doing nothing' to under a few seconds.

- If you must think for like 15 seconds, do it on the other guy's time, or while
you're operating your scan mechanism. Now I'll be the first to admit that task
management in BrickOS is super-hard, but certainly in NQC it's easy.

- Make your brick play show tunes or something to entertain the audience. :)

Mike

--
Chris
"It is a very clever strategy IMHO, and I applaud Chris for thinking of it."  K.C.