 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10474
Re: ATTENTION CALUM TSANG & CHRIS MAGNO (was Re: Starting C4 Games)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:53:28 GMT

!!!  I SPEAK THUS   !!!

Dereks Idea is sound. and simple.

BUT it does not have to BE the final way!!!!!

WHEN you prg your RCX         I don't care HOW you tell it if it is the
first or second prg.

WATCH and be AMAZED at my AWESOME POWERS!!!

method 1.

use Derek's system.

method 2.

prg your robot with 2 prg's  prg 1, means you go first, PRG slot 2,
means your robot goes second

method 3.

prg your robot to WAIT for a message from your remote. IR message 1
means play a chip, and f--k the scan, IR message2 means wait till the
arbitrator hits your touch sensor.

method 4.

use a light sensor to see what colour chips the human has put into the
chip hopper/magazine, and play the appropriate move

it does not matter WHICH method is used, as long as when someone says
GO!  your robot makes the right move.

AND while I'm on my soap box,  Derek, I agree that it would be NICE to
have a robot some how show that it is  "thinking" BUT you can have a
crash in your core engine, and still have the LCD flash thinking.....

this is why we ask that people limit the move time to 30 seconds.

its not a hard and fast RULE  but more a courtesy.  if after  30 seconds
your robot better be doing something.

if after 1 min the crowd will get board

after 2 min, I will encourage the crowd to jeer.

after 2 min 30 seconds  you will have 29 seconds to move or your robot
will lose.

Chris