 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10472
Re: ATTENTION CALUM TSANG & CHRIS MAGNO (was Re: Starting C4 Games)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:10:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Mario DeFacendis wrote:
IMHO, Derek's proposal (although sound) may add another layer of complexity that
people will have to deal with and potentially mess up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that Derek's proposal doesn't seriously
affect what the interface is, only how it's implemented in terms of the actual
arbitrator. You still click a sensor to send the signal, and you still listen
for a click to receive it.

The only difference is that you're not permitted to 'listen in' on the send
sensor.

I know I was a major advocate against the dual wire proposal at first, but I'm
actually fine with it in this particular situation... because it's not a direct
connection, I can double up and use light and touch sensors on those same ports.

Mike (yeah, I'll need to borrow a touch for the day Calum or Derek, thanks!)

On a side note: There ought to be a way to connect half of the wire so that the
sensor is only powered once, but read in different places.