 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10488
Re: Attention guys...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:56:31 GMT

Steve,

as much as I hate this:

the rule is the rule.

I personally don't want any more rule changes now.

so the rule pages says 3 min.  each player has up to 3 min. to move per turn.

!!!!~BUT~!!!!!

if two players agree ahead of time, ~!!and have the ability!!~ then they can
lower that time.

as a VERY NICE thing to do as a courtesy to the audience.  (HINT HINT)

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

AND while I'm on my soap box,  Derek, I agree that it would be NICE to
have a robot some how show that it is  "thinking" BUT you can have a
crash in your core engine, and still have the LCD flash thinking.....

this is why we ask that people limit the move time to 30 seconds.

its not a hard and fast RULE  but more a courtesy.  if after  30 seconds
your robot better be doing something.

if after 1 min the crowd will get board

after 2 min, I will encourage the crowd to jeer.

after 2 min 30 seconds  you will have 29 seconds to move or your robot
will lose.

<rule quote>
Timing
...The robot may use more or less time for any given move, however, it is
recommended that the robot must complete a single move in a maximum of three
minutes.
</rule quote>

Is there a three minute move time limit or is that just recommended?

--
Chris
There's no 'I' in 'team'.  There's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'.