 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10475
Re: attention Calum Tsang & Chris Magno (was Re: Starting C4 Games)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:03:31 GMT

Ouch!  Stop yelling CALUM TSANG and CHRIS MAGNO, I have enough trouble
listening to their names in a normal tone.

For some reason I missed read the description of the game start the
other day.  My suggestion is not substantially different, but it's not
worth changing the rules.

I just wanted there to be a simple way to start games that the
arbitrator could initiate.  I will ensure the Arbitrator can work with
either method.

As far as not being able to listen to your own turn passing sensor, that
must remain.  Since I'm providing the Arbitrator, and I'm not allowing
anyone to connect to it that is doing this, if you want to play the game
you can not listen to your turn pass touch sensor.

If this means people need to borrow an extra touch sensor on game day, I
will bring what extras I have and I hope other can as well.

Mario DeFacendis wrote:
IMHO, Derek's proposal (although sound) may add another layer of complexity that
people will have to deal with and potentially mess up.

I don't see the complexity, to beat on a now dead horse. :-)  The
sequence of actions for the entire game is wait for turn, scan the
board, consult the game engine, play the piece, pass turn.

I'm saying all you do is:  Wait for turn, scan the board, if no pieces
ask game engine for first move else ask for next move, play the piece,
pass turn.

All I see is one extra if.

Derek