 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10466
Re: Starting C4 Games
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:35:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
I've also discovered when two RCX sensor lines are connected, polarity matters.
If the line is reversed on one side, both RCXs will read the switch as closed.

I noticed that too. How about we simply agree that everyone connects the
arbitrating wire to the sensor with the wire facing away from the display. If
someone's design doesn't permit this sort of connection, then it can be easily
reversed with another wire or switch.

Another issue may come up when a robot starts.  It may need to run it's "homey"
code which could include pressing the End of Turn button.

Well, I always advocated having the two bots independantly connected to the
arbitrator so that it could receive the signal and then pass it on.

It's more complicated for the arbitrator, but much more simple in the end for
the competitors.

If people really must home at the beginning (I don't need to), then we could
simply not connect the wires together until both bots have homed, come off their
respective sensors, and one has been sent the go-ahead signal.

Mike