 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10451
Re: Quite C and BrickOS (WAS: Re: Steve H, C$, me learning C Brick OS)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:40:28 GMT

so if I take an example helloworld.c file from a demo section of my current
nightmare (brickos)

Well, the general syntax and structure of C are the same.  But how you call the
motors, sensors and other hardware is different from platform to platform,
unless someone deliberately tried to make them all common, which I'm not sure.

Indeed, Calum is absolutely right. I was going to elaborate on that myself,
however I was running late for lunch, so I did not bother. :))
What I was trying to say is that from my understanding BrickOS and QuiteC use
the same basic type of compilers, and it would be just a matter of getting all
the required libraries imported in order to make the two cross-compatible. By
comparison if you try to plug some, say, pbForth code into a C compiler, I doubt
that even with all the lib’s in the world you’d get very far.

With all honesty I thought that people that use BrickOS (i.e. Mario, Mike, Rob,
Chris … anyone else?) would have looked into QC as well. To me it just seems
rather odd that everyone is using BrickOS that is by no means designed to work
under Windows, where as QuiteC is Quite-win/dos-friendly :))

Ivan
- Fish DEFIANTLY do not like coffee