 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10389
Re: Steve H, C$, me learning C Brick OS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:28:34 GMT

John Hansen wrote:

If your BricxCC is correctly configured it should find all the includes just
fine.  You have to first, of course, tell BricxCC to use brickOS from the Find
Brick dialog. If you can see a brickOS main menu item then you know you have
correctly selected brickOS as the firmware type.

OK, this was done. and I have seen it work last night at the dinner. both laptops
were using W2K

my laptop was a 98se box.

we ALL used the easy to get "2 files" as pointed to from your GREAT web page

.

Then go to the Preferences
dialog, Compiler page, C/C++/Pascal tab.

Sec.

OK.

If you installed Cygwin and brickOS using my 2 installer executables then your
cygwin root should be c:\cygwin.  Your brickOS root should be /brickos.  And the
correct content for the Makefile Template should be:

ROOT=%os_root%
KERNEL=$(ROOT)/boot/brickOS
PROGRAMS=%project%.lx
DOBJECTS=%project_files%

all:: $(DOBJECTS) $(PROGRAMS)

download:: all
        $(ROOT)/util/dll %prog% %tty% %exec% %addr% $(PROGRAMS)

set_addr::
        $(ROOT)/util/dll %tty% %addr% %set_addr%

include $(ROOT)/Makefile.common
include $(ROOT)/Makefile.user

Try clicking the Default button from this tab if your values differ
signficantly.

Given the above, you should be able to use File/Open and browse to
c:\cygwin\brickos\demos and open helloworld.c.  Then you should be able to
simply click on the Compile button and have it compile without any errors.  With
version 3.3.7.6 of BricxCC you should be able to download the brickOS firmware
using the built-in firmware download feature in BricxCC (off the Tools menu).
And you should be able to download your program using the Download button.

John Hansen

OK, if I have done all this, and on BOTH my laptop and the SUPER COMPUTER (tm) all
that you have said is present.
I fear that it might be that these machine run 98SE

UGH!

Chris