 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10385
Re: Steve H, C$, me learning C Brick OS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:03:32 GMT

I got a lot of this up and installed, but when I launched the (dumbly named) BASH
cygwin thing-y, and drilled down to the DEMO directory, I ran the MAKE prg.  in
theory it should have "done its business" and made a few other things...  but I
get some kind of SIGNAL 11 error.

at that point. I'm done.

John Hansen, Are you reading this??? don't make me e-mail you!!! I will!!!

I have my fingers crossed that you are running an operating system that works
with the 2 installer executables I put together.  That would NOT be Win98 or
Win95.  I have heard from people running these operating systems that they get
all sorts of errors when the compiler runs.

If you are running Win98 or W2K and you installed these 2 programs then things
ought to work without ever having to enter the BASH shell.  Double check that
the installer correctly modified your PATH.  You should have C:\cygwin\bin
somewhere in your PATH statement (open a command prompt and type PATH to check
it).  You should also have

CYGNUS_HOME=C:\cygwin
GPC_EXEC_PREFIX=C:\cygwin/lib/gcc-lib/

if everything went off without a hitch.  Try opening a command prompt, change
directory to c:\cygwin\brickos\demo and then type "make helloworld.lx" at the
command prompt (without the quotation marks).

This should successfully build helloworld.lx (unless you are running one of
those nasty old operating systems which don't work).  If it doesn't work then
post or email the errors and I'll figure out what's going wrong.

John Hansen